Wednesday, April 9, 2008

La corso cucina

Ciao,
I am at the cooking class tonight. Cece bowed out. Did?t want to eat so late and then go to bed. Mi dispiace. There are many more people here tonight than last week so the cooking is going quite slowly with much confusion. The plans were way too ambitious for this group and I think Giuseppe has made a diversion from his original plan of 4 antipasti, marinated eggplant, eggplant parmiggiana, lasagne with bechamel, risotto with funghi porcini, and risotto with carciofi, zuppa anglaise, and some other dessert milefoile. Looks good, but not to sure what the heck is in it or whether or not I will ever be able to reproduce any of this stuff.

I think we all have learned a lot more than we thought we would. We?ve certainly seen wonderful sights and really have gotten to almost feel like Fiorentine. Really cool to walk around this ancient city and feel comfortable going from place to place without a map. And we can order in the bar or ristorante senza usiamo english.

Although it has been wonderful, I am looking forward to coming home. I'm sure the others are as well. Have many stories to tell. Will show the pictures later. Maybe I'll even be able to post the pictures once we return!

A piu' tarde.
Ria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All these narratives are very interesting, but there seems to be something missing. I can't quite put my finger on it. Now, I have it! There is never any mention of Italian men! I can't believe that 4 attractive women spent 2 weeks in Italy and never got pinched once! Hmm.